Thursday 12 January 2017

Weeks 1 & 2 - Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch along

I think I mentioned last week that over the last year I've discovered a whole heap of new crafty and creative outlets. A big part of that has been discovering Fandom in Stitches. FiS and the fandom obsessed community have really enabled my crafty nerdiness!

I found myself stitching up lots of fandom patterns using both paper piece quilting and embroidery techniques which then evolved to also designing some of my own patterns.

So although I'm a bit late announcing it here... I'm excited to share with you now that I've joined with a group of fabulous designers and pattern testers collaborating on the latest Fandom in Stitches event... the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch along.

The event runs from 4 January all the way through to the end of May, with two new patterns - a paper-pieced and an embroidery one, released every Wednesday (late Wednesday nights for those of you here in Australia).

Goblin King QAL image

In that mix of Labyrinth-themed patterns will be at least six of my own embroidery designs as well as about a dozen patterns (my own and designed by others) that I have been testing over the last few months. I can't wait for you to see them all!

I'll be posting links to the weekly patterns on the FiS site here on the blog as well as adding all of the patterns I have designed to My Patterns page as they are released.

Weeks 1 and 2 are up now.... See the Week 1 patterns - Sarah, and Week 2 Goblins on the Fandom in Stitches site.

My embroidered versions of the blocks can be seen below:

Week 1: Sarah (Stiched by me)
Embroidery pattern by Jennifer Ofenstein
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch along

Week 1: Sarah (stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by Jennifer Ofenstein 
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch along
Week 2: Goblin (stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by Mel Moore
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch along


I hope you enjoy the event as much as I have enjoyed being involved in designing and testing for it.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment