Wednesday 18 January 2017

Week 3 - Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along

I'm so excited to share this week's pattern with you. It's the first of several of my designs for the event and possibly my favourite.

This week it's Hoggle!

This week includes a choice between a very cool paper pieced version designed by Kylie Pecarina and the embroidery block version designed by yours truly. Both the paper pieced and embroidered patterns are designed to fit a 9 inch square finished block.

Just to make the choice even more difficult, I actually did three embroidery versions, and all all three versions are available within the single pattern HERE.

I started with designing a detailed full body design, which I stitched up in colour:

Week 3: Hoggle - detailed (Stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by Karen
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch along

I was a bit worried that he might be a bit complex and scare off anyone that is not confident in their hand stitching skills so I simplified the pattern a bit and had the wonderful Jo test it out for me.

Despite the gorgeous end result, Jo continues to claim that she and embroidery do not get along (I don't believe it - looks pretty good to me!), so if she can do this one, anyone can.

Week 3: Hoggle - simple version (Stitched by Jo Minvielle)
Embroidery pattern by Karen
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along
The final version is just an enlargement of the simple versions' head and shoulders. I stitched this one up with 2 strands of white embroidery floss thread on a lilac background (Prima Homespun in Orchid - if anyone is really interested).

Week 3: Hoggle - Head and Shoulders version (Stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by Karen
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along
So whether embroidery or paper piecing is your thing, there's something for everyone this week.

If you do give my Hoggle embroidery designs a go I'd love to see how it turns out - Leave me a comment or send me an email with your pics.

Until next week, when I'll be back with another of my embroidery designs....

K





No comments:

Post a Comment