Tuesday 21 February 2017

Portable Projects

I remember a time when I avoided any hand stitching at all costs. I still avoid mending, darning and hand binding, but over the past year I've really gotten into embroidery.

I never realised how much I was missing out on!

One of the things I love about hand embroidery is how portable it is - I don't need a machine, just decent light and somewhere comfy to sit for a while. Taking my embroidery with me has become such a thing that it's even got its own tote and portable toolkit!

My embroidery goes lots of places these days.


"Sew Happy" - My take anywhere portable projects
bag from Spotlight - A simple tote bag that fits
a 10 inch embroidery hoop and the toolkit

with masses of room to spare
My portable projects toolkit - mini scissors, needle threader,
mini seam ripper, magnetic needle case, thread magic and
a spare compartment to throw in whatever threads I'm
currently using.


Multi-tasking: Laundry and Labyrinth stitching

Sewing by the sea
A much better view than I get
from my sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment