Saturday 11 March 2017

Block 3: NQC Quilt Block Challenge

I'm up to date again. I now have a total of six blocks made - two versions of each of the three blocks released so far.

Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

This project is called a 'quilt block challenge' and I'm definitely feeling challenged at the moment.

It's not that the blocks are difficult - they're not.

It's not that I'm regretting my fabric choices or am unhappy with how the blocks are turning out - I'm not.

I've already overcome my fear of half-square triangles. I'm even managing to get most of the points reasonably close to where they should be.

My challenge is that I'm not really enjoying the process. All that precision cutting before I even get to start sewing, and then more precision trimming partway through. It feels like work rather than a pleasant outlet. I think that's probably why I have been having a hard time getting motivated to catch up.

By doing this challenge I'm learning more about myself and my own creative process and preferences; and at the end of it I will have two nice quilts to show for my efforts.

My word for the year is FINISH - I'm going to stick with this and make sure I do, it's only 9 weeks after all!

Six (12) more blocks to go!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment