Wednesday 8 March 2017

Week 10 - Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along

"Don't go on..."
"Go back, while you still can..."
"This is not the way..."
"Take heed, and go no further..."
"Beware, beware..."
"Soon it will be too late..."

"...don't pay any attention to them, they're just false alarms."

This week as we journey through the Labyrinth in the Fandom in Stitches Quilt and Sew Along we meet the False Alarms - stone faces carved into the walls of the Labyrinth.

The paper-pieced pattern for this week was designed by Anita McDowell. Like me she's a first time event designer and I think her pattern is amazing!

Week 10: Paper Pieced False Alarm
designed by Anita McDowell tested by Jo Minvielle

This is also a week where I get to show off another one of my own designs for the event.

The embroidery version of this week's pattern is one of mine. I'm thrilled with how this one turned out, it was a close call there for a while as to whether I was going to have a False Alarm drawing or a tiki mask, but it all worked out in the end.


Week 10: False Alarms colour version (stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by me 
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along

Week 10: False Alarms mono version (stitched by me)
Embroidery pattern by me 
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along

Both the embroidery and paper-pieced patterns for this week are designed to fit a 6 inch square finished block size and can be downloaded now from fandominstitches,com. If you are following along and embroidering I suggest hooping a larger piece of fabric and trimming down to size once its stitched.

The embroidered version is also available on My Patterns page.

We're about halfway through the Labyrinth now. So far to go still, but the end is definitely in sight. I'm not sure I'm ready for this to be over yet though, I'm still having way too much fun showing off both my own patterns and stitching and the work of the other fabulous fandom designers.

Until next week.

K

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the feature! I am loving the pattern designing side of paper piecing! And also congrats on your first event designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome. It really is a fabulous looking block. :)

      Delete