Tuesday 25 April 2017

Lest We Forget...

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old;


Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.


At the going down of the sun and in the morning


We will remember them.


Today, on ANZAC Day, I'm taking a moment to pause and recognise all those men and women who are currently serving in our armed forces and those that came before them. 

In honour of the day I've designed a paper-pieced pattern titled "ANZAC: Dawn Service". 

The pattern design has been inspired by an image of a lone bugler playing the Last Post for a dawn service  at ANZAC Cove, Gallipoli.


ANZAC: Dawn Service
Pattern Size: 20 x 14.5 inch finished block size
Pattern Link: ANZAC: Dawn Service

NOTE: This pattern hasn't been tested yet. I will be testing today but you are more than welcome to also test it and send me any feedback.

I've included the text of the Ode as an optional hand embroidered part of the pattern but I might yet change that to just the simple words "Lest We Forget...". I'll make that decision when I get to working on that part of the piece.

In addition to watching services and parades and my usual 'day-off-work' quota of sewing (particularly this pattern); I'll be making ANZAC biscuits with the monster today. I'm looking forward the the smell of freshly baked biscuits wafting through the house.

How will you be observing ANZAC Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment