Thursday 6 April 2017

Week 14 - Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along


After Sir Didymus last week, it only seems right that this week he is joined his noble steed Ambrosius.

Pattern options this week are by Jennifer Ofenstein (embroidery) and Kylie Pecarina (paper pieced). Both patterns are available to download from Fandom in Stitches.

As usual I've done 2 versions of the embroidery pattern. The mono version is exactly as per the pattern and I think it looks fabulous. I love how Jennifer is able to distil a complex image into a simple, but infinitely readable drawing.

Week 14: Ambrosius - mono version
Embroidery pattern by Jennifer Ofenstein (stitched by me)
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along

For the colour version I was worried  that the white and grey dog on white fabric would be a bit pale and washed out so I've added some of my own embellishments to Ambrosius' saddle blanket for a bit of extra colour.
Week 14: Ambrosius - colour version
Embroidery pattern by Jennifer Ofenstein (stitched by me)
for the Goblin King: Labyrinth Quilt and Stitch Along
 Not too many more weeks to go now. Have we done your favourite characters? Are there any that you would still like to see represented?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment