Thursday 14 December 2017

Project of Doom - Block details

I'm on a roll! 2 posts in one day.... image spam coming up...


As promised in my earlier post, here are each of the blocks in my Project of Doom / Harry Potter Boockcase quilt top.


It was important to me that I had every Deathly Hallow and every Horcrux represented in there and I achieved it! I think I also managed to get every movie/book represented, and the pets of each of the main characters too. It's definitely a busy quilt, but I think it's a good busy.

The actual bookcase portion is made up of mostly 10 inch square blocks, while the outer patterns are larger. Most of the patterns came from Fandom in Stitches. There are a few blocks where I've merged two or more patterns, one pattern from elsewhere (marked with #) and a couple of my own design (marked with *).

Some of the books and items have hand embroidery; this was all added before joining the blocks together and quilting.

Top (Left to Right)

Hungarian Horntail, 

Sword of Gryffindor, 

Weasley Clock


Shelf 1 (top shelf: L-R)

Hedwig, 

Olivander's box, Elder Wand (Hallow), Harry's Wand, 

Books & Hogwarts Crest, 

Crystal Ball, Flying Key, Books
(for some reason I don't have a pic of this individual block after I merged all the parts)

Butter Beer, Books, 

Harry's Glasses (Harry = final horcrux), 

Books & Golden Snitch.

Shelf 2 (L-R)

Deathly Hallows Symbol, Books, 

Grindylow, 

Books, Hand of Glory, 

*Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem (Horcrux),
(another one I don't have a final block pic of -
I added a heap of silver embroidery to this one)

Books incl Pygmy Puff / Puffskein, 

Marauder's Map, Cornish Pixie, Potions
(potions not pictured)


Shelf 3 

Books, 

Mandrake, Books, 

Mafalda's Letter, Books, 

Baby Norbert, 

Bluebell Flame in Jar, Books, 


Acromantula


Shelf 4 

Teacup & Books, 

Mermaid, Book, Hufflepuff's Cup (Horcrux),

Rememberall, Books, 

#Scabbers & Rat Tonic, 

Basilisk Fang, Book, Tom Riddle's Diary with hole through middle (Horcrux), 

Books (Standard Book of Spells 1-7), 

Book, *Gaunt's Ring/Resurrection Stone (Hallow / Horcrux)


Shelf 5

Books, Quick Quotes Quill, Rita Skeeter Beetle in Jar, 


Books, Venemous Tentacula, 

Books, Candle, 

Crookshanks & Sorting Hat, Books

Time Turner, Books


Shelf 6

Books (not pictured), Tri-Wizard Cup, 

Monster Book of Monsters, 

Ripped Book, Howler,

Books, Philosopher's Stone, Felix Felicis,

Unicorn, Books, 

Trevor, Books, 

*Invisibility Cloak Parcel and Note (Hallow


Shelf 7

Books, Mimbulus Mimbletonia, Moody's Eyeball,
(another with no pic of the final block before quilting)


Cauldron, 

Books,
(pic before embroidering titles)

Potion Vials, 

Golden Egg / Mermaid Song, 

Books, Slytherin's Locket (Horcrux), Books,
(before embroidering chain and book titles)

Weasley Wizard Wheezes Bag


Under Shelf

Manky Boot / World Cup Portkey

Nagini (Horcrux)

Sides

Nimbus 2001 Broomstick

Fawkes, 

Dobby

1 comment: